BDT Device Driver Installation
Ensure that the tape hardware is connected to the server. For SAS connections you must have point to point connections, for Fibre channel you can connect via a switch, however our recommendation is also point to point. The tape hardware must be powered on and in a ready state.
Download the BDT driver from the link below:
Extract the downloaded drivers to a directory on the server.
Launch Windows Device Manager and install the LTO tape drive device driver for the first drive as described below.
- Right-click on ‘My Computer‘ and select ‘Manage‘.
- Select Device Manager from the left pane and find the library; it will be in ‘Medium Changer devices’ in the right pane.
- Right click on the device and select ‘Update Driver Software…’
- Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and browse to the location of the extracted files and click ‘OK’. Then enable ‘Include sub-folders’ and click ‘Next’.
- A message will be displayed ‘Windows has successfully installed your driver software’. Then click ‘Close’.