Tandberg Device Driver Installation
Ensure that the tape hardware is connected to the server. For SAS connections you must have point to point connections, for Fibre channel you can connect via a switch, however our recommendation is also point to point. The tape hardware must be powered on and in a ready state.
Tape Drive Drivers
Currently we are recommending that the HP drivers be used for the Tandberg drives.
Download the zipped device driver installation files from the link below to a folder on the C: drive of the Server.
Note: This will download driver version 18.104.22.168. Do not use 22.214.171.124 as we have found issues with that version.
Now double click on the downloaded file to launch the HP Storage Tape Drives for Windows utility, click ‘Extract’ and select a location on the C: drive for the extracted files.
Launch Windows Device Manager and install the LTO tape drive device driver for the first drive as described below.
- Right-click on ‘My Computer‘ and select ‘Manage‘.
- Select Device Manager from the left pane and find the LTO drive; it will be in ‘Other Devices’ or ‘Tape drives’ in the right pane.
- Right click on the device and select ‘Update Driver Software…’
- Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and browse to the location of the extracted files. Then select the ‘W2K8R2-x64’ folder and click ‘OK’. Then enable ‘Include sub-folders’ and click ‘Next’.
- A message will be displayed ‘Windows has successfully installed your driver software’. Then click ‘Close’.
Repeat this process for each drive.